Thursday 9 November 2017

Top Tens: Graeme from Dynamite Dynamites Top Ten Punk Rock Influences


Manic Street Preachers
Everything Must So was the first album I bought. James Dean Bradfield is still one of my favourite guitarist. The production on the tracks with the orchestra blew my mind.

Madness
Growing up I spent a lot of time with my uncle. He lived for northern soul, two tone, motown and ska. Madness reminds me of hanging out with him, drinking and laughing. The young version of me wanted to play the saxophone so I could play "one step beyond".

Green Day
I was 12 when I first heard Dookie. My friend from school had nicked it from his older brother and was playing it on tape. It struck a chord with me like nothing else. From that point on I was a fan. They split opinion, but growing up they were punk rock and influenced me like no other band.

Ramones
I love ramones! The catchy fast pace punk tracks, the leather jackets, the long hair and ripped jeans is still the blueprint for every great rock band! We had The Ramones as our first dance at our wedding so they hold extra sentimental value for me.

T. Rex
My mum was a massive Marc Bolan fan so much so that my middle name is Marc. I grew up hearing T. Rex all the time. Marc set the tone for a lot of glam and rock artists is a seriously underrated guitarist.

Elvis
What can you say about the king? He had the best voice, an attitude well beyond his years and let's face it, he was the coolest guy with a guitar.

My Chemical Romance
I first heard these guys from a rock magazine compilation CD. The track was Thanks For The Venom. As soon as I heard it I was amazed at the pace and the snarl of Gerard's vocals and the theatrical element. With every album they reinvented themselves and wrote some seriously great punk rock tracks. ‎

Red City Radio
I only heard about Red City Radio when I joined Dynamite Dynamite. As soon as I heard them it was love. They sound like everything I ever wanted to sound like. They are a massive influence for DD especially when they had dual vocals.

Mötley Crüe
The Crüe were forced upon me by an old work colleague who was a big hair metal fan. At first I wasn't keen but the more I heard them the more I liked them and before long I was a fan. The band had the worst reputation, looked like a drag act gone wrong but they were the real deal.

Wildhearts
My friend Joules introduced me to the Wildhearts. Ginger is one of the best lyricist this country has ever produced. The dual vocals and awesome harmonies are one of my key influences when we're learning new material.

Dynamite Dyanmite have a new single named Werewolves that's released tomorrow. Be sure to check out their Bandcamp page here to hear it, it's fantastic. Also like Dyanmite Dynamite here on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment